November 9 Book Club Questions & Discussion Guide
This blog post contains affiliate links, no extra cost to you, thank you for your support!
In this guide, you’ll find Colleen Hoover’s November 9 book club questions, a summary and my top 3 recommended similar reads that will aid your book club discussion.
More Colleen Hoover Posts:
- November 9 Summary and Review (Non-spoiler & Spoiler)
- 20 It Ends With Us Book Club Questions & Quotes
- 15 Reminders of Him Book Club Questions & Guide
- 30 Verity Book Club Questions For Colleen Hoover Fans
- 10 Spiciest Colleen Hoover Books Ranked
- Sign up for a free trial of Audible: Get 30 days of free access to thousands of audiobooks, and one free premium title of your choice. Perfect for listening on the go!
- Sign up for free trial of Kindle Unlimited: Get 30 days of free access to unlimited ebook reading on any device. You will unlock access to over two million titles instantly!
- Sign up for free trial of Amazon Prime: Get 30 days of a free trial offering free two-day shipping on all purchases, plus access to hundreds of new ebooks each month.
November 9 Summary (Non-Spoiler)
November 9 by Colleen Hoover follows two teenagers, Fallon O’Neil and Benton (Ben) James Kessler.
Fallon used to be a teen actress, until one day an unfortunate fire causes her face and body to be scarred, limiting her opportunities in the acting world. Ben is an aspiring writer in college who hopes to one day publish a book.
The two of them meet at a restaurant on November 9 and swear to meet again every year for the next 6 years until they’re both 23.
They are undeniably attracted to each other. Every year they meet on the same day, same time and same place until they eventually fall in love with each other.
However, things get messy when Fallon discovers a secret Ben has been hiding from her.
If you want to read the spoiler summary and my review on this book, checkout this post!
November 9 Book Club Questions
Note: Spoiler Alert!
- Fallon is not a fan of insta-love, but yet Ben and Fallon were instantly drawn to each other. What are your thoughts on that?
- If you could give one piece of advice to Fallon about her career, body image and the traumatic fire incident, what would it be?
- Do you think that Ben getting together with Jordyn is justified? Why?
- If you were either one of the main characters, would you meet someone for the next few years on the same date, time and place? Why?
- Did your thoughts on Ben change after finding out what he has been hiding from Fallon?
- Did you view Fallon’s father differently after reading the manuscript?
- Should Fallon have forgiven Ben? Why?
- What did you think about Ben’s mom after reading the letter she left behind for Ben?
- What do you think Kyle would have wanted for Jordyn and Ben?
- Do you believe in fate when it comes to love? Why?
Books Like November 9
In Five Years by Rebecca Serle
In Five Years is similar to November 9 in the aspect of love and fate. Both books touch on the unpredictable nature of destiny and love which makes this book heartbreaking and heartwarming.
One Day In December by Jose Silver
One Day in December is similar to November 9. It has the same concept of “insta-love” or “love at first sight”. Two people lock eyes on a wintery day in London and they go through years of searching for each other.
Wrap Up: November 9 Book Club Questions
I hope this guide to November 9 book club questions are helpful.
Here are more Colleen Hoover posts: