This blog post contains affiliate links, no extra cost to you, thank you for your support!
In this blog post, I’ll be answering all your burning questions on Priest by Sierra Simone.
Everything from Priest spicy chapters, age rating, spice levels, similar books and more is covered here!
Priest is the first novel in the trilogy, but they can all be read as standalones.
This novel follows the story of Tyler Bell, a priest, who has a rough past but turned to religion for peace.
However, when Poppy Danforth shows up in his life, she challenges all the rules he has lived by. She is about to learn just how many rules Tyler is willing to break just to be with her.
Read More Spice Guides:
- Icebreaker: Spicy Chapters, Summary, Books A Like, Quotes & More!
- Guide to Haunting Adeline: Spicy Chapters, Books A Like, Quotes & More!
- Sign up for a free trial of Audible: Get 30 days of free access to thousands of audiobooks, and one free premium title of your choice. Perfect for listening on the go!
- Sign up for free trial of Kindle Unlimited: Get 30 days of free access to unlimited ebook reading on any device. You will unlock access to over two million titles instantly!
- Sign up for free trial of Amazon Prime: Get 30 days of a free trial offering free two-day shipping on all purchases, plus access to hundreds of new ebooks each month.
- Receive 2 audiobook credits with my code: BREWING on Libro.fm!
Get Your Romance Reading Journal
(Functional, Minimal & Aesthetic)
Are you a romance reader trying to keep track of all the books you’ve read and want to read but there’s just too many books to think about?
Think no more, journal instead!
What Is Priest About?
Tyler Bell never intended to become a priest, but after tragic events flipped his world, he decided it was time to fix his life.
He enjoys his job, is committed to the community and finds comfort in prayer. However, that’s until Poppy Danforth shows up at a confession.
Tyler’s life deviates from its course the moment he hears Poppy’s voice. The moment Tyler sets eyes on her for the first time, he realizes they belong together.
Tyle knows he cannot breach his priest vows, but Poppy drives him insane. Life brings him to an unexpected point where he has to choose between Poppy and the church, and right now, his priest duties seem less important when she is around.
Is Priest Spicy?
Yes, Priest is a very spicy novel, as it includes the dark romance trope.
Priest Spice Level
Priest has a spice level of 5/5 stars as this novel contains numerous steamy scenes.
Priest Spicy Chapters List
Priest spicy chapters are 6, 9, 11, 12, 15, 18, 19 and 20.
Priest Age Rating
Priest has an age rating of 18+ as it is written for a mature audience and also includes many trigger warnings.
Priest Book Romance Tropes
Romance tropes included in Priest are forbidden romance, contemporary romance and BDSM.
Is Priest A Standalone?
No, Priest is not a standalone because It is part of an interconnected trilogy. However, all three novels can be read on their own as they focus on different Bell Brothers.
Priest Book Series Order To Read
Priest Book Series order to read is:
Priest Trigger Warning
Priest trigger warnings include suicide, SA, emotional abuse, trauma, and going against religious beliefs.
5 Best Priest Book Quotes
- “Whatever happens after this, I just want you to know that this was worth it. You were worth it. You were worth everything.”
- “God is bigger than our sins. God wants you as you are—stumbling, sinning, confused.”
- “Find whatever love is left in your life and hold on to it tightly. And one day, things will have gotten less gray, less dull.”
- “Si vis amari, ama,” you tell me. If you wish to be loved, love.”
- “In a way, it’s easier to dwell on sin and guilt than it is to dwell on love and forgiveness—especially”
3 Books Like Priest
1. Haunting Adeline (Cat and Mouse Duet #1) by H.D. Carlton
Haunting Adeline is similar to Priest because it also includes the forbidden romance trope and that it is also a dark romance with morally grey characters.
Adeline, a famous author, packs her bags as soon as her late grandmother leaves her gothic mansion for her.
Living in a remote place all alone, she soon realises she has a stalker, Zade. He’ll do whatever it takes to make her his, even if it means threatening all of her boyfriends.
While Adeline tries to solve the mystery of her grandmother’s murder, Zade has other plans for her.
2. Twisted Games (Twisted Series #2) by Ana Huang
Twisted Games has the forbidden romance trope, just like in Priest. Rhys also seems very similar to Tyler, as both cannot betray their duties.
Princess Bridget’s days of freedom are over when she has to take over the throne in Eldora. She must step in and become a queen, a role she never prepared for.
Even worse, Rhys Larsen, Bridget’s ex-Navy SEAL bodyguard, knows she already has her heart set on him. However, Bridget is expected to marry a prince.
Since their relationship was doomed from the start, Bridget now wonders if she can maintain both the monarchy and her love without making any sacrifices.
3. Birthday Girl by Penelope Douglas
Just like Priest, Birthday Girl includes the age gap and forbidden romance trope.
Pike Lawson is a thirty-eight-year-old single father who didn’t expect to fall in love with Jordan, a nineteen-year-old girl.
She won’t stay away, and when she has nowhere to go when a tragic accident takes place, Pike is forced to take Jordan in. Now in close proximity a lot of things can go wrong and they certainly do.
Is Priest Worth Reading?
Yes, Priest is worth reading if you are an avid dark romance reader who also enjoys forbidden romance tropes. This novel can be a bit trigger-warning-heavy so if that is something you can handle, then definitely add Priest to your TBR.