10 Free Printable Reading Journals (PDF) And Digital Downloads
This blog post contains affiliate links, no extra cost to you, thank you for your support!
10 Free Printable Reading Journals (PDF) And Digital Downloads
There are many ways to track your reading. One of the most popular ways is to use a free printable reading journal.
Reading journals are great to document your reads (especially if you have a reading goal to achieve or if you are a book influencer that needs to share your thoughts with others).
Although Goodreads or The Storygraph are the most common free reading tracker options – nothing beats a handwritten reading journal entry.
- 10 Reading Trackers For All Types Of Readers
- 7 Aesthetic Reading Tracker Spreadsheets
- How To Read More Books Before The Year Ends (12 Tested Tips)
- Sign up for a free trial of Audible: Get 30 days of free access to thousands of audiobooks, and one free premium title of your choice. Perfect for listening on the go!
- Sign up for free trial of Kindle Unlimited: Get 30 days of free access to unlimited ebook reading on any device. You will unlock access to over two million titles instantly!
- Sign up for free trial of Amazon Prime: Get 30 days of a free trial offering free two-day shipping on all purchases, plus access to hundreds of new ebooks each month.
- Receive 2 audiobook credits with my code: BREWING on Libro.fm!
Get Your Romance Reading Journal
(Functional, Minimal & Aesthetic)
Are you a romance reader trying to keep track of all the books you’ve read and want to read but there’s just too many books to think about?
Think no more, journal instead!
How do you make a reading journal?
Reading journal printable pages can be used in many different ways:
- Bind the printables in a A4 ring holder
- Stick them into your bullet journal
- Stick them to your existing reading planner/log
There is no right or wrong way to use these free printables – as long as you get to track your reading and it brings you joy!
2023 Book Journal PDF Free Download
If you’re looking for a 2023 reading journal that’s undated, you’re in luck. I carefully curated a 12-month free reading planner for all my subscribers as a thank you for supporting my blogging journey!
You can print these and bind them, punch holes in them or stick them to your existing reading planner.
Either way, you will have a free reading journal to help you with your 2023 reading goals!
10 Free Printable Reading Journals (PDF)
If you are looking for a variety of reading journals, here are 10 free printable reading journals for you to use in many different ways (even if you don’t have a planner or bullet journal – you can start with these printables!)
1. Simple Book Review Journal Template
Let’s start with the most simple and minimalistic type of reading journal printables – book reviews!
This reading journal worksheet includes every detail you should record about the book you’ve just read.
Most printable book review spreads will have details like this one:
- Start/End Date
To be honest, if you’re a beginner at tracking your reading with free printable reading journals – I would recommend you to use this one because it is pretty complete!
Just enough space to journal about the book – not too much or not too little!
2. Reading Timeline Log
This reading time log is specifically for you to track one book at a time. There’s ample space for you to fill out as many dates as you like.
Each box can present any amount of time you want (example: 30 minutes or an hour).
This free printable reading log is suitable for adults or students that are busy because it is undated and has no fixed time. You are free to customise what works best for you.
You can paste/stick this in your bullet journal or you can bind them into a folder.
3. Books I Read/To Be Read Bullet Journal Spread
This is a super trendy bullet journal spread to track your reading. It is also often called a printable bookshelf tracker.
This spread allows you to track monthly/yearly:
- Books you’ve read this
- Books you disliked from this
- Books you want to re-read from this
4. Printable Bookmark Tracker
Although this is not a printable journal spread, it is the perfect option for those who do not like to put in so much time and effort into a reading journal.
A printable reading tracker bookmark is easy to use, portable and will help remind you to keep track of your reading as it sits in your current read – perfect for busy readers!
Besides this free printable bookmark tracker, here are a few pretty ones on etsy that cost less than $5:
5. Reading Habit Tracker Printable
Besides the usual book review and reading tracker logs, you can also include a habit tracker in your reading journal specifically to track your reading.
6. Wisteria Book Journal PDF
Wisteria Book Journal Template is a whimsical purple reading journal PDF that’s free! It has 15 fun pages that gets you excited about reading.
Here’s what you get in this book journal printable:
- Reading Log Template
- Favourite Quotes Template
- Book A Month Challenge
- TBR List
- Favourite Authors Template
- Book Genre Tracker Template
- 100 Books Challenge
- Borrowed Books Template
- My Year In Books Temaplte
- Weekly Book Challenge
- Reading Progress Tracker
7. Reading Tracker Printable
This nature-themed reading journal free download has three PDF files, each a unique book tracking printable just for you!
These book tracker printables include:
- Books I’ve Read ‘Time Spent Reading is Time Well Spent’
- Book Tracker ‘ List of Books We’ve Read’
- Reading Wish List
Free Digital Reading Journals
Free digital reading journal templates are best compatible with digital note taking apps like Goodnotes and Microsoft One Note.
1. Adaptable Planning Reading Journal
Comes with 7 free digital reading journal templates and is compatible with Goodnotes.
Plus, this one has a soft minimalistic take to it that is a favourite among many readers!
2. Minimalistic Reading Log and Book Review Template
These are digital downloads in the form of PDFs and therefore you can open them using Goodnotes, One Note or any note taking app!
These templates are in black and white so you can customise them with your own colours that fits your aesthetics best.
I hope these free printable reading journals and free digital downloads help you with starting your reading journal.
I know not everybody can afford to spend on a reading journal right now – and that’s okay. Work with these instead.
3. Digital Book Journal for Goodnotes
This free digital reading journal has 12 book templates linked. It’s easy to download and import it into your goodnotes app!
Some of the book templates feature in this journal are:
- Reading log
- Favourite quotes
- Reading plan
- My Library
Wrap Up: 10 Free Printable Book Journal Templates And Digital Downloads
I hope you found these free printable book journals useful! If you are not a fan of printing reading journal templates, there are some digital book journals you might want to checkout!