101 Engaging Questions To Ask On Bookstagram (QOTD)
Questions to ask on bookstagram posts (QOTD) may seem like a simple thing to do but it is not as straightforward as you think.
There are a few things to consider, what are the type of questions are you asking? Why are you even asking it in the first place and where should we position the questions? At the beginning or end of the bookstagram post?
In my opinion, it is always best to position the question at the first line itself. The question here acts as a “hook”, encouraging your audience to click “see more” and further read your post.
Why Are Asking Questions On Bookstagram Important?
1. Boost Your Engagement
As a social media manager, I have a pretty good insight on the importance of asking questions on bookstagram. #QOTDs prompt people to comment on your post which signals Instagram that your post is “engaging”.
Does this mean you’re trying to trick the Instagram algorithm?
You aren’t trying to deceive anyone, if people were to comment on your post it is because you’ve most likely sparked a conversation with your question, and that’s exactly what the algorithm wants.
Plus, having an engaged community who actually cares about what you have to say on your bookstagram post is something we should all strive for.
Quality of followers should be valued more than quantity.
2. Data Analytics For Content Creation
Asking questions on bookstagram will give you insight on your audience.
Sure, we can get basic data from Instagram insights on your audience demographic, such as age range, gender and location.
But those data aren’t enough to truly create content that will engage with your audience.
After a month or two of posting and asking questions on bookstagram, look at your posts and see which ones have the most comments and why.
Based on this data collection, you’ll be able to find out what are the types of questions that persuade your audience to leave a comment below your posts.
Once you know what works and what doesn’t it will be much easier for you to come up with questions for future postings.
But what if you’re stuck and unable to think of questions in the first place?
I TOTALLY understand! Happens to me all the time!
This is why I’ve created a list below of 100 questions to ask on bookstagram in each of your postings.
General Questions To Ask On Bookstagram
This could include questions based on real life events and questions that teach you more about the people that you follow or follow you. These questions are not necessarily book related.
- What was the last country you’ve travelled to?
- Do you have a quote you live by?
- Are you part of a book club?
- What are your hobbies other than reading?
- How do you practice self-love?
- What are your weekend plans?
- What are your Christmas plans?
- What are you currently studying?
- What are you currently working as?
- What are you thankful for today?
- How do you practice self-care?
- One thing you’re proud of yourself for achieving this year?
- What would an ideal date night look like?
- If you had all the money in the world, what would you do with it?
- What are your reading goals?
- Mid-year reading check in, how many books have you read so far?
- Who is your favourite author?
- An author you would love to meet?
- An author you’ve never read but want to read?
- What is a country you would like to visit because of a book you’ve read?
- If you could learn a new language, what would you pick?
- How do you choose your next read?
- Have you ever met a movie star?
- What is your favourite colour?
- What is your birthday month?
- What is your favourite childhood book?
- What is your favourite bookstagram prop?
- Are any of your family members readers?
- What was the last book title that intrigued you?
- Who inspired you to start a bookstagram/book blog?
- Do you have special photography tools to create your bookstagram content?
- Salty or sweet snacks?
- What did you study in university/college?
- What do you do with books you have never read for more than 4-5 years?
- Have you ever tried making a friend read your favourite book? How did it go?
- Most common coloured book owned?
- What are you currently watching on netflix?
- Do you like receiving flowers?
- Favourite ice-cream flavour?
- Do you use a physical planner or digital planner for work/school?
Reading Preference Questions To Ask Book Lovers
- Do you like drinking coffee or tea while you’re reading?
- Do you own a bookshelf or a book trolley?
- How do you organize your bookshelf?
- Do you read multiple books at once?
- Are you a mood reader or a TBR lister?
- Do you enjoy buddy reading?
- Book Club or buddy reading?
- Do you like reading on an e-book reader?
- Do you like listening to audiobooks?
- Do you prefer series or stand alones?
- Do you read books based on seasons?
- What is your spring/summer/fall/winter read?
- Do you read books when they’re trendy/hyped or when the hype dies?
- Do you listen to music while reading?
- What are your opinions on paid book reviews?
- Hardcover or paperback books?
- Do you read while commuting?
- Do you like reading during the day or at night?
- Do you like candles?
- What is a bookish thing/object you don’t like?
- Do you like reading short stories?
- Do you like reading manga/graphic novels/illustrated books?
- Have you ever read a book in a language besides english?
- Best translated novel you’ve ever read?
- If you could only pick one, would you be a writer or a reader?
- Would you rather read at home or at a cozy cafe?
- Do you like annotating your books?
- Do you like tabbing your books?
- Do you wrap your books in plastic covers to protect it?
- Would you rather buy books in store or online?
- Do you prefer reading in first, second or third person perspective?
- Do you like reading books set in your own country?
- Do you like buying second hand books?
- Greek or egyptian mythology?
- Fiction or non-fiction?
- Writing thoughts in a physical journal or a digital journal?
- Reading indoors or outdoors?
- Would you rather start a book blog or a booktube channel?
- Slim or thick novels?
- Bookmarks or dog ear pages?
Book Related Questions To Ask
This type of questions to ask on bookstagram posts would be specific books itself or to a genre.
- What are your recent TBR additions?
- What was the last book you read that made you bawl your eyes out?
- What was the last book you read that broke you?
- What’s your all time favourite fictional character?
- What is your favourite romance trope?
- What was the last book series you have completed?
- What is your most anticipated book release this year?
- What is the prettiest book cover you’ve ever seen?
- What is your most wanted book on your wishlist?
- What’s your favourite genre?
- What’s a genre you’ve never tried reading but want to?
- What’s a genre you dislike reading?
- Do you have a favourite book turned into a movie/series?
- What is a book you are most likely to gift?
- A character you want to murder?
- A character you want to live as?
- Would you recommend the last book you’ve read?
- What was a book you read you wished had a sequel?
- What was a book you read and wished never had a sequel?
- What was the last book gifted to you? Did you like it?
- If you could explore a magical/fantasy world, which would it be?
I hope these list of questions to ask on bookstagram really helps you boost your engagement.
Remember to be nice and return the favour if someone constantly engages with your bookstagram posts.
We want to build a supportive community that encourages each other’s account growth!
Was this list helpful? Let me know in the comments!