This blog post contains affiliate links, no extra cost to you, thank you for your support!
Haunting Adeline, the first book in the Cat and Mouse Duet, is a favourite among readers in the dark romance genre for many reasons.
In this novel, you’ll meet Zade Meadows, Bookstagram and Booktok’s latest morally grey obsession. Speaking of obsession, he is very fond of Adeline, the famous author who can’t stay out of trouble.
One thing Haunting Adeline is known for is its spicy chapters. But, soon it wasn’t just the spice that had readers invested in the storyline and rooting for the characters but also it’s mysterious plot.
- Guide to Ugly Love: Spicy Chapters, Quotes & More!
- Guide to Fourth Wing: Summary, Spicy Chapters & Honest Thoughts
- Sign up for a free trial of Audible: Get 30 days of free access to thousands of audiobooks, and one free premium title of your choice. Perfect for listening on the go!
- Sign up for free trial of Kindle Unlimited: Get 30 days of free access to unlimited ebook reading on any device. You will unlock access to over two million titles instantly!
- Sign up for free trial of Amazon Prime: Get 30 days of a free trial offering free two-day shipping on all purchases, plus access to hundreds of new ebooks each month.
- Receive 2 audiobook credits with my code: BREWING on Libro.fm!
Get Your Romance Reading Journal
(Functional, Minimal & Aesthetic)
Are you a romance reader trying to keep track of all the books you’ve read and want to read but there’s just too many books to think about?
Think no more, journal instead!
What Is Haunting Adeline About?
The first novel ends on a huge cliffhanger, so I advise you to pick up Hunting Adeline, the sequel.
Popular author Adeline loves horror movies, haunted places and anything that can make her heart race with fear. So when her grandmother leaves her gothic mansion for Adeline, she packs her bags and moves in.
What Adeline does not realise is that she has an admirer, Zade. He was obsessed with Adeline the moment he saw her, and now he follows her every move while lurking in the shadows.
While Adeline tries to solve the mystery of her grandmother’s murder, Zade has other plans for her.
Haunting Adeline Genre
Haunting Adeline is a dark romance novel. Other subgenres include thriller, mystery, and horror.
Is Haunting Adeline Spicy?
Yes, Haunting Adeline is spicy. It is one of the spiciest dark romances you’ll come across.
Haunting Adeline Spice Level
Haunting Adeline’s spice rating is 5/5 stars, as it has numerous open door romance scenes.
Haunting Adeline Spicy Chapters List
Haunting Adeline is famous for its spicy scenes that can be found in chapters 8, 16, 18, 21, 22, 23, 25, 29, 30, 31, 33, 34, 38, 40 and 41.
Haunting Adeline Romancce Tropes
You can expect to find the following romance tropes in Haunting Adeline:
Haunting Adeline Age Rating
The age rating for Haunting Adeline is 18+, but many readers consider it to be 21+ because of the mature themes, trigger warnings, and heavy explicit scenes.
Haunting Adeline Trigger Warning
Here are the trigger warnings for Haunting Adeline:
- Dubious consent scenarios
- Blood & gore depiction
Is Haunting Adeline A Standalone?
No, Haunting Adeline is not a standalone. It is part of a duology as the first book ends with a cliffhanger. The second book is called Hunting Adeline, where the story unfolds even deeper.
Haunting Adeline Series in Order
5 Best Haunting Adeline Quotes
- “Let me know which stars you prefer. The ones above you, or the ones I make you see.”
- “If it’s real, then I’ve chased you across time and space, and you’ve never been able to get away.”
- “Love is an enigma, and it’s redefined every time someone says it.”
- “If my redemption resides somewhere within you, then I will spend the rest of my life searching for it inside of you.”
- “What you’re seeing now is what I see every day. No matter how far I run, how hard I try to escape you—you’re everywhere I go. You’re everything I see. Loving you is like being trapped in a house of mirrors, little mouse. And I’ve never felt so at home while being so lost inside you.”
3 Books Like Haunting Adeline
Notice is a dark steamy stalker romance similar to Haunting Adeline because Grayson Maxwell, the alpha male, is a stalker just like Zade.
For six years, Violet has been Grayson Maxwell’s personal assistant. His work had all of his attention until Violet decided to hand in her two-week notice.
This triggers a chain of events as Grayson sees her in a new light and can’t help but become obsessed. Now he will do whatever it takes to make her his.
Hooked is similar to Haunting Adeline because, just like Zade, James stalks Wendy, and he has similar character traits.
Wendy, the daughter of a wealthy businessman, is enjoying a girl’s night out with her friends when she crosses paths with James, the club’s owner.
One thing leads to another, and soon they can’t keep their hands off each other. However, Wendy’s dreams are shattered when James becomes a dangerous mafia leader who is out for revenge, and she is the bait in his games.
Now, will James get his revenge or leave everything behind for Wendy’s sake is something she is not sure of.
The Ritual is a dark college romance novel is available on Kindle Unlimted! It can be read as a standalone but is the first book in the interconnected series.
This novel is similar to Haunting Adeline because of the dark romance genre and the Alpha possessive males.
Blakely is a student at Barrington University. This place is also the home of a secret society of Lords that one must avoid at all costs.
Growing up in a powerful household, she never had any freedom until she met Ryat Alexander Archer.
He offers her freedom, but before Blakely knows it, she falls for his trap and lies. He might be one of the most powerful Lords, but Blakely must do whatever she can to escape him.
Is Haunting Adeline Worth Reading?
Yes, Haunting Adeline is worth reading! If dark romances are something you enjoy reading (please check the trigger warnings first), then Haunting Adeline should be on top of your TBR.
Adeline and Zade are intriguing characters that will make you invested in their story.
Readers loved how the author writes morally grey characters, so Zade turned out to be Booktok choice of book boyfriend.
Moreover, different genres such as paranormal, mystery, thriller and romance are combined together in this novel which keeps the reader hooked.